August 25, 2017 07:21 AM PDT
Tony and I are together in Cincinnati, Ohio to take in a Reds game and talk Ed Tech! Check out our agenda below.
What's been going on?
1) Tony's post on Technology Surveys for New Hires.
2)Patrick is back on Mac – sort of
3) Extortion = Swivl
Crazy prices now
What does it do and why is it popular?
May 30, 2017 06:56 AM PDT
1) Zoom Q8
2) Microsoft news
-We think the Edge browser stinks
-Surface laptop - http://www.techradar.com/reviews/microsoft-surface-laptop
-Surface Pro (5) - https://blogs.windows.com/devices/2017/05/23/meet-new-surface-pro/#tuASGQ8wLX6FXZX8.97
3) Ransomware – It's real!
4) Tony's Rant
April 02, 2017 12:08 PM PDT
1) Tony and Wifi email comment
2) Remix OS on Mobile (ROM)
- Connects your Android device to a screen
- Supports mouse and keyboard input
3) How to effectively destroy school data
-Hard drives in computers
March 17, 2017 07:38 AM PDT
Body cameras in the classroom?
a. http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/8/14545828/uk-schools-body-cameras-trials by: James Vincent
b. Is this a good idea?
c. Thoughts? d. http://www.samsung.com/us/explore/gear-360/?cid=ppc- 2.
Android apps on Chrome OS – officially
a. https://www.technobuffalo.com/reviews/samsung-chromebook-pro-review/ b. Is this a good thing?
b. How would this work with GaFE? i. Play for Education - https://support.google.com/edu/play/answer/6056739?hl=en
c. Any future for the iPad in education?
February 15, 2017 07:55 AM PST
1) Teacher evaluations via video?
Is this a good idea?
Platform for sharing
2) Windows Cloud
A real competitor for Chrome?
Will only run Windows Universal Apps
Windows Docs - https://docs.com/en-us
3) Intel's Compute Card
A modular computer
Designed for IoT but could this be a great solution for schools?
January 31, 2017 05:33 PM PST
1) Welcome back and happy new year – what were you up to?
2) New Year's Resolutions?
• Tony's 70/30 & 80/20 Curriculum concept • Taking some IT classes
3) Predictions for 2017
• Schools scaling back on Apple • Chromebooks & Surface Pro 4 will continue to grow • Crackdown on BYOD devices
4) Please help Omar! Contact us and we will help you get in touch with him
December 12, 2016 05:44 PM PST
A World Without Work – by Derek Thompson at the Atlantic
Is this possible?
Is technology to blame?
What would this do to education if there is no work?
Is this a good/bad thing?
2)Tony's article Tech Integration: Are you mapping it? On TIE Online
Is it disastrous if a school doesn't map?
What do you say to schools where the tech integrationist also teaches classes?
Should there be more documentation (student artifacts, reflections of teachers, etc.)
4) Tony's adventure with Disney's totally secret research center
November 26, 2016 12:33 PM PST
1) Welcome back Omar!
2) What has Omar been up to
Swift and Code X Curriculum for intro to programming
3) Wrapping IT curriculum around big budget hardware
Not the most creative way to go
Good experience for kids
4) Patrick's new Surface Book
November 18, 2016 04:27 PM PST
1) Interviewing overseas and some interesting questions
Take many interviews
Having job offers help
Gets rid of extraneous questions
What is your vision of technology?
How do you deal with difficult people?
2) Data driven hypocrisy
3) Prodigy online math game - https://www.prodigygame.com/
4) No account for Skype anymore - https://blogs.skype.com/news/2016/11/14/now-anyone-can-use-skype-right-away/
November 12, 2016 06:34 AM PST
Tony and Patrick talk about the historical 2016 US election and how it should be the ultimate teachable moment. We also talk about Patrick's quest for his next computer, why the Hour of Code is not enough and is being locked into Google a bad thing. Check out the talking points below and ENJOY!
1) President-elect Trump
2) Patrick's computer choice
3) Tony topic – Hour of Code is Not Enough * http://blog.tieonline.com/hour-of-code-it-is-not-enough/
4) Patrick's topic – I'm chained to Google – Is that bad? * https://itbabble.com/2016/11/01/im-chained-to-google-is-that-bad/