March 17, 2017 07:38 AM PDT
Body cameras in the classroom?
a. http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/8/14545828/uk-schools-body-cameras-trials by: James Vincent
b. Is this a good idea?
c. Thoughts? d. http://www.samsung.com/us/explore/gear-360/?cid=ppc- 2.
Android apps on Chrome OS – officially
a. https://www.technobuffalo.com/reviews/samsung-chromebook-pro-review/ b. Is this a good thing?
b. How would this work with GaFE? i. Play for Education - https://support.google.com/edu/play/answer/6056739?hl=en
c. Any future for the iPad in education?
February 15, 2017 07:55 AM PST
1) Teacher evaluations via video?
Is this a good idea?
Platform for sharing
2) Windows Cloud
A real competitor for Chrome?
Will only run Windows Universal Apps
Windows Docs - https://docs.com/en-us
3) Intel's Compute Card
A modular computer
Designed for IoT but could this be a great solution for schools?
January 31, 2017 05:33 PM PST
1) Welcome back and happy new year – what were you up to?
2) New Year's Resolutions?
• Tony's 70/30 & 80/20 Curriculum concept • Taking some IT classes
3) Predictions for 2017
• Schools scaling back on Apple • Chromebooks & Surface Pro 4 will continue to grow • Crackdown on BYOD devices
4) Please help Omar! Contact us and we will help you get in touch with him
December 12, 2016 05:44 PM PST
A World Without Work – by Derek Thompson at the Atlantic
Is this possible?
Is technology to blame?
What would this do to education if there is no work?
Is this a good/bad thing?
2)Tony's article Tech Integration: Are you mapping it? On TIE Online
Is it disastrous if a school doesn't map?
What do you say to schools where the tech integrationist also teaches classes?
Should there be more documentation (student artifacts, reflections of teachers, etc.)
4) Tony's adventure with Disney's totally secret research center
November 26, 2016 12:33 PM PST
1) Welcome back Omar!
2) What has Omar been up to
Swift and Code X Curriculum for intro to programming
3) Wrapping IT curriculum around big budget hardware
Not the most creative way to go
Good experience for kids
4) Patrick's new Surface Book
November 18, 2016 04:27 PM PST
1) Interviewing overseas and some interesting questions
Take many interviews
Having job offers help
Gets rid of extraneous questions
What is your vision of technology?
How do you deal with difficult people?
2) Data driven hypocrisy
3) Prodigy online math game - https://www.prodigygame.com/
4) No account for Skype anymore - https://blogs.skype.com/news/2016/11/14/now-anyone-can-use-skype-right-away/
November 12, 2016 06:34 AM PST
Tony and Patrick talk about the historical 2016 US election and how it should be the ultimate teachable moment. We also talk about Patrick's quest for his next computer, why the Hour of Code is not enough and is being locked into Google a bad thing. Check out the talking points below and ENJOY!
1) President-elect Trump
2) Patrick's computer choice
3) Tony topic – Hour of Code is Not Enough * http://blog.tieonline.com/hour-of-code-it-is-not-enough/
4) Patrick's topic – I'm chained to Google – Is that bad? * https://itbabble.com/2016/11/01/im-chained-to-google-is-that-bad/
October 16, 2016 08:01 AM PDT
1) Welcome back! - How was the summer?
2) Goals for this year?
3) Tablet hybrids – are they the future?
A) http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/31/12714672/lenovo-yoga-book-announced-specs-price-release-date-ifa-2016 - The Verge by Dan Siefert
4) Electronic assessments
A) Is it authentic enough?
B) Do students get an unfair advantage?
C) Should collecting data be the only reason to do this?
5) Microsoft Classroom
May 31, 2016 05:55 PM PDT
Tim, Tony and Patrick talk about the new Gboard iOS keyboard, Chrome and virtual reality and the 20% project. Check out the show notes below.
a. Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gboard-search.-gifs.-emojis/id1091700242?mt=8
a. How can you help Tim set up a class for next year that includes 3D printing?
b. Worth getting the Educators License/Pro.
Chrome wants VR Content in its browser,
a. Link: http://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2016/05/chrome-browser-vr-content-90-fps/
b. Targets 90fps rendering
School lets kids spend 20% of their time on anything that want.
a. Link: http://www.techinsider.io/york-school-lets-kids-spend-20-on-anything-they-want-2016-5
May 21, 2016 08:06 PM PDT
Tim and Patrick talk about our new robot overlords, Remix OS and the new Gboard for iOS. Check out the show notes below.
The workers mass extinction begins:
a. Link: http://futurism.com/artificially-intelligent-lawyer-ross-hired-first-official-law-firm/
b. Who will be next?
c. When will curriculum change to match the future workforce needs?
a. Link: http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/5/12/11662062/remix-os-all-in-one-pc
b. A better look this time c. Link to the company: http://www.jide.com/
1. Google releases keyboard for iOS
a. Link: http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/12/11662616/google-gboard-keyboard-iphone-ios
c. What other keyboards to we use?